When You’re Having Fun
You know you have Daily Responsibilities, right? Of course you do. Everyone does. Do you get everything on your list done every day? Really? What keeps you from getting those things done?
Life. It just happens. And then it just keeps on happening. The things that were once major priorities in our lives somehow become less important, and other things take precedence. But did those priorities and responsibilities/obligations go away? If not, who does them when YOU don’t?
Yeah. That’s how the ‘overwhelmed’ feeling we feel attacks us when we revisit those projects we left hanging in the wind; The Blog Site, the business venture, the family reunion idea, the home school plan, the garden you were going to plant with the kids, the budget and savings plan, … hmmm.
The good intentions of ideas born are left to die when we don’t put action to the plan. It is most unfortunate when you invest money in that project and then get distracted by life … and you end up paying for something you have never gotten off the ground.
Here are some sure fire ways to stay focused on a project and see it to fruition even when life hits:
- Keep a Journal = if you keep track of what you are doing, you will know where you left off and where to pick back up again when you revisit the idea. Plus, when you get used to journal-ing – you will begin to look at it DAILY and your ‘To Do’ List will stay fresh in your mind.
- Don’t Start Another Project Until the First One is Complete = I know it’s SOOOO hard for us visionaries, but complete your first idea before starting on the next one! Too many irons in the fire can burn ANYbody, I don’t care how talented at multi-tasking you are!
- Make a Work Schedule = set work hours and STICK TO THEM! Give yourself (and your family) a break. Being a work-a-holic isn’t healthy for anyone.
- Plan Family Time/Vacations = schedule time to disconnect your mind from all projects/work/etc. and just enjoy quality family time. After all, the whole point of working so hard is to put away that money for your family … so … use it for them and ENJOY!!!
- Don’t Â Be So Hard On YourselfÂ = when you don’t accomplish what you set out to, shake it off, look in the mirror, give yourself a good talking to, and move on. Wallowing in self-pity never got anyone anywhere but stuck right where they are. Sometimes things get put off because we had to learn something before it could be accomplished. Reflect, revamp and refocus.
We are all guilty of letting time get away from Â us; of letting priorities get mixed up; of procrastinating and becoming unproductive. The good thing is … as long as we get an opportunity to wake up in the morning – there is a chance to redeem ourselves and try again. Now … GO!